Kids 8 to 9 years old take this Robotics course to learn programming and Robotics techniques while building robots with Lego® expansion set.This curriculum expands previous programming knowledge gained through working with earlier courses such as WIZARD1 (Lego® Education WeDo) or WizPro-1. Students work as young Engineers on projects . They build and program working models and apply Scratch programming advanced concepts to create new models (robots) and programs. They learn to create advanced robots using Lego® Wedo core and expansion kits as well as Lego® WeDo 2.0 and Lego® Mindstorms EV3 kits with sensors, gears and wheels in multiple ways. The course engages kids in complex programming and computations coupled with creativity. The program leads to advanced STEM(Science Technology Engineering Mathematics) course Wizard-2.
1. Scratch Programming with Lego® kits: Scratch is the best way to introduce Computer Programming to young Students. In this course kids learn:
- How to create more advanced programs
- How to write lines of code in Scratch
- Use powerful robotics components such as gears and sensors
- Use Lego® Mindstorms for creating powerful robots.
More specifically, students benefit through the following:
• Focus on Science, Mathematics, Technology, Engineering and Programming Skills
• Expand previous knowledge gained through Wizard-1 or Wiz-Pro1 course (based on LEGO® Education and Scratch).
• Work as young engineers on programming projects
• Create robots programmed with programs written in Scratch and Lego® Mindstorms
Our teachers are highly qualified and include experienced architects, programmers and designers well-acquainted with the latest in technology. They are also available for helping the kids learn difficult concepts in the simplest possible manner.
Our programs keep the kids motivated by including competitive games, rewards for developing skills, creativity and good behavior. Kids receive stars for exceptional performance in several areas including homework submission, class behavior, creativity, leadership and technical skills. Plus they get surprise rewards for showing exceptional qualities in their learning pattern.